fbpx Skip to Content

Conservatorships and Nursing Homes

Feb 26 | 2016  by

On behalf of Fausone & Grysko, PLC on Friday, February 26, 2016.

Dan Williams, Esq.

Should a nursing home be able to obtain a conservatorship through the probate court, when the patient has previously designated a power of attorney for their financial needs? In recent weeks, I have had a number of clients seeking advice about what to do in that exact situation. A conservator is a court appointed individual who makes financial decisions for a person who is incompetent or incapacitated. There are ways to contest a nursing home’s petition for a conservatorship, but you need to contact a probate litigation specialist who can properly review your case and, advise and represent you in challenging such a petition.

At Fausone & Grysko, PLC, Dan Williams focuses on probate disputes. If you have an estate planning issue, or believe that you may need to go to Court to right a wrong with a loved one’s estate plan, give us a call at  248-380-0000.