fbpx Skip to Content

Do You Have a Funeral Representative Designation?

May 16 | 2016  by

Wills, trusts and deeds can be drafted to ensure that monies, real estate, and heirlooms reach our intended beneficiaries after death. Until recently, it was not as easy to have control over your funeral. However, with the enactment of Senate Bill 551, a “funeral representative” designation can be made for burial and funeral arrangements.

An adult can now designate anyone to handle his or her funeral. A funeral representative needs to be: at least 18 years old; of sound mind; and, voluntarily agrees with 2 witnesses and before a notary. The representative will ensure that your wishes are carried out.

If you’re interested in designating a funeral representative, contact Fausone & Grysko, PLC for a free consultation at (248) 380-0000.