At Fausone & Grysko, PLC, our experienced estate planning and probate attorneys work with clients throughout Michigan to protect their assets and ensure that their wishes are complied with during their lifetimes and after. Not only do our clients rely on our experience and knowledge to keep their families and their legacies safe, but other attorneys look to our Institute of Continuing Legal Education-certified lawyers for training in the complex field.
Our experienced estate planning attorneys help clients with:
- Asset protection. The goal of asset protection is to remove the economic incentive for a person to make a claim against your property during your lifetime and after your death. A comprehensive asset protection plan may include insurance policies, trusts, limited partnerships, and limited liability companies.
- Wills and trusts. We make sure your precise wishes are reflected in your will and help you establish trusts — living, revocable, irrevocable, etc. — if desired to meet your goals.
- Advance directives. We will help you set up durable medical and financial powers of attorney (DPOA) so that your wishes regarding medical treatment and end-of-life care are known and honored.
- Planning for special needs family members and dependents. Our attorneys understand the responsibilities that come with caring for a loved one with physical or mental challenges. We will help you create the financial instruments needed to keep your loved ones safe.
- Planning for charitable giving. We can help you support causes that reflect your values while realizing the tax benefits of charitable giving through a comprehensive plan that includes, for example, an irrevocable charitable remainder trust.
- Business planning. We can guide you in developing sound strategies to keep your business operating in the event of your disability, retirement or death. Alternatively, we provide advice and counsel on dissolving an enterprise and how and when to liquidate and/or distribute assets in accordance with your wishes.
Estate and Trust Administration
Probate, or estate administration, is the process through which assets are transferred after death. Trust administration concerns the management of property that is held in trust. Our estate planning attorneys can manage all probate court proceedings and oversee trust administration matters in order to ensure that heirs are protected and the decedent’s wishes are carried out.
Wills and Trusts Contests
When family members and others seek legal representation to contest a will or trust, we act as zealous advocates on their behalf. Common grounds for contesting a will and trust are:
- Undue influence by another person and/or fraud
- A lack of capacity
- Improper execution
Guardianship & Conservatorship
There are times when family members seek the protection of a loved one – either temporarily or permanently – who has become incapable of managing their own affairs. In those instances, they will look to our lawyers to help them:
- Appoint a guardian for their family member
- Determine a family member’s incapacity in court
- Transfer guardianship assets
- Represent them in guardianship disputes
Contact Fausone & Grysko, PLC Today
To learn how Fausone & Grysko, PLC can help with your estate or probate matter, contact us online or at (248) 380-0000. We represent clients throughout Wayne County, Oakland County, Macomb County, Livingston County, and Washtenaw County.